A few tips for making sure your turkey comes out great!
* Make sure to bring the turkey to room temperature before doing any prep work on it so that when you do put it in the over it can cook evenly.
* You can't add moisture to the turkey... you can only hope to contain it. A great way of doing so is by using oil to cover the turkey. You don't need too much - use a brush to spread the oil around the entire bird.
* I would recommend using some earthy herbs as part of your seasoning for the turkey. A few sprigs of rosemary and thyme will really give a nice, aromatic smell!
* Cook the turkey in the over for about 30 minutes at 500 degrees. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for the appropriate amount of time. This will allow you to get a nice, crispy skin without drying out the turkey.
* I would advise against cooking your stuffing inside the turkey as this adds to the cooking time and can potentially lead to an overcooked turkey!
Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving with your family and friends and remember to save the bones from the turkey as it can be used to make some tasty stock!